About Me

My photo
I am a seeker of meaning, truth, and the Divine. I have been a practicing polytheist since 1997 and a lover of philosophy and theology since even before then. Most of this time I have been a Germanic Heathen, but I have also slowly taken to the practice of Gaelic Reconstructionist Polytheism. I am happily married, a hobbyist musician, a poet, pyrographer, sports fan, and pretty darn good cook. This blog will contain poems, rants, and musings relevant to my ever winding spiritual journey.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Set to Burn

Set to Burn
By: Robert Shawn Rowland

Here I sit, with wooden board
Set to draw, set to burn
From eye in mind, to tree hewn down
From vision in well, to Midgard's field
Odhr ablaze, a need to bring
To life a dream, dimly seen
On hewn wood, I stroke the grain
In oaken board, I rist the secret
Of what is to be, that only I have seen
From Odin's Gift, a burden ever
Need on chest, straining of heart
I must set to strike, a flame within steel
Thorr's main, fans that flame
So I may strike, with artist's sword
On wooden board, on hewn full-life
Set to draw, set to burn
Things in dreams, dimly viewed
From atop a tree, Ond's great eye

No comments: