About Me

My photo
I am a seeker of meaning, truth, and the Divine. I have been a practicing polytheist since 1997 and a lover of philosophy and theology since even before then. Most of this time I have been a Germanic Heathen, but I have also slowly taken to the practice of Gaelic Reconstructionist Polytheism. I am happily married, a hobbyist musician, a poet, pyrographer, sports fan, and pretty darn good cook. This blog will contain poems, rants, and musings relevant to my ever winding spiritual journey.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

In Praise of Oski

In Praise of Oski(Woden)
by: Shawn Rowland

Swift as the wind you ride
Treading the trails of my veins
Trotting on the edge of wode
Running through my soul
Draped in the night sky you are
A blinding blue water hue
Bejewelled with madness
Dressed in wanderlust
Your children are many and mighty
Thunor, redbeard, thunder's laughter
Balder, golden, life comes after
Mankind, green yet, worthing ever
Tiw, they say, sired by you
Hama, too, of shining hue
Hod, misguided, but reign still will
Holy kin, treasure of the father
I bow to your effulgent knowing
Your wisdom is deep and lustrous
Hidden in the Well, Mim's pledge
Crying, humanity's pain, orlay's weave
Frige is your beloved
Most holy frith-eaver
Adornment of the meadhall
Mistress of woven clouds
Great is your match, mighty is your passion
None for you would be better
She knows, and you seek
She gives, as you hunger
Runes you sought once
Dead on the Tree of All
Howling you took them
Written in god's blood
Wayfarer, stalker, Ettin deciever
Holy Mead you gave to Middle Earth
Divine Wizard, fire's inspiration
Blue flames leaping
Grandfather and father
Lord and guardian of all
Blessed spirit intwined with love
Hope for worth from children's glimmer
Dashing spear and awesome wish
Welcome one, burgeoning thrust
Ride the snake, the echoes sing
Into meadhall, your horn overflows
Ride the breath
Sleipnir's friend
Come again you shall
Seeking warmth and another game
Lord of the glimmering halls
Raging spirit and eagle's claws
Draped in starry blue
I shall forever breath you

No comments: